Thursday, April 30, 2009

Watcha gonna do?

So today's big news is that the state universities in Arizona altered (reduced) their tuition surcharge requests and they were all adopted by the Arizona Board of Regents (ABOR) with the exception of ASU. Not Good.

ASU had been requesting $1,200 per student and then last night reduced that amount to $600 for in state and $800 for out of state students. Today ABOR approved $510. At a school with over 60,000 students this means millions and millions of dollars in shortfall. This means more layoffs and/or furloughs. I was hoping to head into my big race weekend on a more positive note.

The good news is that my back is slowly getting better and I'm planning on racing this weekend. I'm also hoping to be able to enjoy some time away from work in the next couple of days when I'm sure people will be very distressed over this latest news. I think we are all ready for some closure one way or another. Like so many things it's the waiting that's killer.

No comments: