Thursday, April 2, 2009

Pushing through the pain...

Wednesday I overslept and missed my AM gym workout. Probably for the best. I had a dentist appointment in the afternoon so I was able to hit the trails early enough to take advantage of all the daylight.

Wednesday:
Drop car at mechanic for oil change - run home 1.5 miles
At home, jump on bike and ride to SoMo 6 miles, ~ 18 miles on trail, 6 miles home
1.5 run, 30 bike

When I got back from the ride I was totally shelled. I have got to dial in my nutrition for these long rides. I've never ridden this long before on any consistent basis and I need to do a better job of eating on the trail so I don't crash and burn. Rode plenty of new singletrack on the mountain yesterday which was so sweet. Took a bunch of pics but haven't uploaded them yet.

Thursday:
AM gym - total body work + core
Lunchtime track workout 600m supersets - 1.5m warm up, 4 x (400+200), 1.5 cool down.

Plenty of sunshine and high 70s today. Not much wind for a change which made the supersets a lot more enjoyable. Friday is supposed to be a rest day but I'm thinking about knocking out my 3,500m swim in the morning.

No comments: