Monday, July 14, 2008

Quick update before hitting the road

I leave in a couple of hours for Reno. Hopefully I'll get a chance to ride the Tahoe XTERRA course while I'm there for a conference. Anyone have advice for renting a ride up there?

Training Update
Tuesday: Trevor Glavin's Swim workout - that sucked.
Wednesday: Hill repeats after work, 1 mile climb x 3 with 6# weight vest
Thursday: Swim workout 2,000 yds - so nice to not feel like I was drowning (see Tuesday)
Friday: Resistance training / rest
Saturday: Great ride along the canals in Phoenix, excellent long ride!
Sunday: Up early for 5 mile ride to Camelback, 3 miles of mountain hiking/running, 5 mile bike back home feeling good despite the heat

I'm definitely getting more accustomed to the heat - it has also cooled off here lately. We have an offer in on a house here in the Valley, and I'm really excited to wrap that up and have our own place, it has been away too long. I have only a couple weeks until Snow Valley so this week in Reno and the following week are key to catching up on my training. The altitude will hopefully help in my training.

No comments: