Monday, July 7, 2008

Missing "Home"

This weekend was the Lock 4 Blast XTERRA in Nashville, TN. This is the first XTERRA I ever did, and I had been planning on making this THE race for my 2008 season. It was my home turf, only a couple miles from the office, and I ran and rode out there several days a week. The best part was that as I became a better all around XTERRA athlete I could see the difference in my times on the course during training. Of course, then came the new job in AZ, the big move, and plenty of other excitement in the meantime. The race went down this weekend and all I could do was read some results online. It made missing friends and family back in Nashville a little harder to know I was also missing the race that I had been looking forward to all those mornings when is sucked to get out of bed.

The good news from the weekend is that the SE points standings didn't change after Lock 4, which is excellent for me looking at a wildcard spot for Nationals in Tahoe. The bad news is that despite one early morning brick workout there was little in the way of training this weekend. It was just too hard to get them in early, and with the heat there just isn't too much else in the way of options.
Lots of new job activity and probably close to 40 hours of house hunting/ agent meetings/ loan meetings over the past 5 days is absolutely brutal. The good news here is that there is a house out here I'm excited about, so that would be huge. Of course, that process just eats away at more training time. Next week I'll be in Tahoe all week, so I'm hoping for a huge training week at altitude and getting some time on the much talked about flume trail and even a dip in the lake.

No comments: