Saturday, July 26, 2008

Prescott Valley, AZ

I arrived in Prescott Valley last night amidst strong thunderstorms and the chance for more bad weather this morning. For the most part that never materialized. I left the house at 7:15 to hit the local pool for early lap swim hours. It was a cool 65 degrees and sunny. Perfect! Unfortunately, there was a swim meet at the pool so no dice on the swim.
I headed out West of Prescott in search of some trail to ride/run at altitude and found only an ATV 4-wheeler park. Bummer. I backtracked to Bikesmith Cycles, a bike shop I'd seen on the way out and the owner hooked me up with a great map of the area and some trail recommendations. From there things hit high gear and I'll let the sweet pictures tell the story.

breakfast on the house patio
at the trailhead
from this

to this

rock garden makes me want the HIFI 29er

hell, everything makes me want the hifi

blue sky
time for the hot tub

what do west coasters call this? chillaxing?

No comments: