Sunday, July 20, 2008

Day 2

After yesterday's ride at Hawes Rd. I was psyched for more riding this morning. The alarm went off at 4:00 AM, and after a quick phone call to John about the weather, I was out the door Red Bull in hand. Today we rode the McDowell Mtn. race loops. These are serious good time.

As we were getting ready to hit the trail John was having some brake issues. After lots of fiddling we figured out that the wreck yesterday was a little more serious that we first thought. I didn't take a picture, but John braced his bike against the ground one foot on one fork arm and grabbed the other with both hands to pull the bike back in alignment. He makes TN proud. It freed the brakes and got the front wheel straight. I guess that's why the call it a "Proflex" and no, that's not his usual ride.


sunrise at the trailhead
John grinding the uphill
Taking a breakTrail

I've got a lot to learn from the master because John can drop me on a technical route even riding this!

No comments: