Tuesday, March 10, 2009

It all adds up

Saturday's ride left me wiped. I'm not so sure it wasn't the training last week (week 5 ) that led to the ride taking it out of me, but I slept most of Sat. afternoon and didn't go for the trail run I had scheduled. I had a supervisor tell me once that a true professional knows when to break the rules and I think this is so true in training, but we call it listening to your body. Sometimes a workout needs to go and a nap happens in its place.

Sunday I hit the pool with A for a couples workout. I love these workouts and love that we enjoy doing this type of thing together. 2,000m for me, 1,600m for her. Mine was 200 free, 200 pull, 200 pull + paddles, 200 w/paddles, 200 free and then 10x100 with 30 sec rest, 50 all out / 50 easy.

Monday was a rest day, but I was up at 6:00 am and hit the yard where I dug out plants, chopped trees, and shoveled gravel for 10 hours. I feel more shelled today than I have in a long time, but it is back to the yard again today. Painting the exterior of the house up and down the ladder is substituting my legs/core for today.

No comments: