Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Week 2

I'm eager to get to some harder workouts and know they'll be here soon. The difference from last year to this year shows up in every workout - I'm faster, stronger, and more competent across all three sports. My runs are so much easier and solid thanks to the work I put in for the 1/2 marathon in January. I'm excited to get some longer/harder sets in, but I know I need to build up to that to prevent injury and burnout.

Sunday: 4 mile trail run on SoMo
Monday: rest / light core
Tuesday 3 mile run, intensive weight session
Wednesday: 200m warm up, 15x50 on 60", 2x100, 50 cool down = 1200m total

Training this week has been sweet. Highs in the low 80s!!

1 comment:

Zippy said...

Enjoy the weather while it lasts; we're supposed to get torrential downpours in SD between now and Saturday. Drat!!