Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Registration

Today I officially registered for my first XTERRA race of the 2008 season, XTERRA Ft. Yargo in Georgia. I’m looking forward to this race more than any of the others, with the exception of my local Lock 4 blast. It will be the first test of how my XTERRA specific training has prepared me for the start of the season and hopefully I’ll achieve my goal of reaching the podium in my age group and finishing with one of the top OA swim times. Now that I’m three weeks into my first training block I spent some time looking at last year’s race results to get fired up about my first race of 2008. I’ve adapted well to my early morning cardio workouts and lunchtime weight lifting. Thursdays are still the one day that I break from the training plan by adding the Vanderbilt strength and conditioning practice that I lead on these nights. Three solid workouts, plus yoga, makes for a long day.

No comments: