Monday, February 11, 2008

12:34

Sunday was supposed to be a day spent on the mountain bike and in the pool, but it didn’t quite work out that way. I called to make sure the trails were open, got the OK, and then headed out the door. I arrived to find the trails closed because a body had been discovered. It was a bummer of a car trip back home, especially since the sun was shining for the second day in a row. I decided to ride to the pool and do an 800m swim for time. I was loose from the ride over to the pool and after a light warm-up got down to it. I never pushed too hard, but tried to maintain a comfortable pace and not take advantage of the flip turns. A time of 12:34, with over two months of training still to go before my first race, is looking good. When the weather warms up I’d love to get out for an open water trial and see how my time compares. This week I move into my aerobic stage and in looking at the week’s workouts it is going to be a jump in intensity.

No comments: