Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Two New Races!!

I’ve added two new races (in one weekend) to my 2008 race schedule. The Columbia Cycling Club is hosting a 15K trail run on Saturday March 29, 2008 and the 13th Annual Chickasaw Trace Classic 30k MTB race on Sunday March 30, 2008. I haven’t decided which category to race on Sunday – gears vs. no gears. I’m leaning towards the singlespeed, just because it is just so much damn fun, but I should probably put those hours in on the new race bike. These two events will be the final weekend of my Endurance Stage and will be followed by a week of active rest, so the timing couldn’t be any better. Chickasaw is also one of my favorite trails in the area, particularly for the 29er. I’m hoping to be strong enough and have enough endurance for these races so that they won’t be too much in too short a period of time. I’m already thinking of the ice bath and recovery tights that will be following each of these races. The races are a much needed pick-me-up with all the cold weather and early morning training I’ve been doing. This year is going to be great!

No comments: