Wednesday, June 24, 2009

HEAT

The heat is here. The next couple months are our equivalent of winter. People hunker down indoors to beat the heat, unless your a triathlete trying to train, then you get up early and suck it up in the evenings.

Today we are having a guy give us an estimate on synthetic turf for our backyard. It is always green, always soft, no need to water, and made from recycled products. The only downfall is the expense. I could live without grass in the desert, but not without the pool. I've been enjoying nightly swims before bed. I'd like to see that during tough weather months other places.

I placed a pretty hefty order of new bike parts today. I'm getting ready to repair my Niner EMD race bike from the XTERRA in Show Low. I'm also making some upgrades to my full suspension rig and my CX bike. I'm really pumped for a fall full of great riding on some amazing bikes...and the new bike co-op!!

Long run with A on tap for tonight, should have cooled off to around 100.

No comments: