Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Training Update

Today is my last day of work for the next 3 weeks. If I thought I wasn’t distracted by my last day of work then oversleeping for my morning workout and missing the exit to my office on the way in this morning made it pretty clear. I love what I do, the people I work with, and I am sad to see it go. It has been a great run the past 3 years, but a whole new world of opportunity awaits in Arizona. The next 3 weeks will be pretty straightforward – pack, drive, race, drive, bike, drive, and start a new job. With only 9 days until XTERRA Dawg Days there isn’t too much time left for training, but I’ll be racing without a lot of pressure and while on a big cross-country vacation, which I believe will be a recipe for success.

Thursday – 12 mile MTB / 2 mile trail run
Friday – AM Swim workout, lunchtime weights
Saturday – going away party (active recovery)
Sunday – 10 mile MTB / 1 mile trail run
Monday – AM Swim workout, lunchtime weights
Tuesday – AM Run with the wife, lunchtime spin and light weights
Wednesday – Missed the AM swim, but playing some Ultimate tonight in Summer League

No comments: