Monday, June 30, 2008

Bike Theft Sucks

I arrived in Phoenix on Wednesday night of last week and set to work getting moved in. This included tuning up my full suspension rig, a Haro XLS, which I keep out here for the bigger non-racing stuff. I spent Thursday getting it all tuned up and ride ready and then went for a quick brick workout on Friday at Papago Park where I rode and ran in the HEAT. Damn it gets hot here in the desert. Anyway, long story short I woke up on Saturday AM to find that someone had broken into my locked car and jacked my bike and all my MTB gear. Major suck. Welcome to the Valley.
I'm getting over the loss and trying to get back to consistent training. Being on the road for a couple days and moving into a new place has definitely taken its toll on my fitness and training, but I'm trying to get back to it. this morning I had an excellent hike/run up Camelback Mountain, which is practically out my back door. Sweet. I plan on making this a regular part of my conditioning. In addition to getting my HR up, it felt like I was doing a couple hundred lunges and step ups as well.
I'm hoping to figure out the pool schedule and lifting scene at work when I start later this week. Should be a sweet setup at the new office so I'm excited about that. In the meantime, if anyone sees this bike let me know.

papago park in the distance

to the top and back

No comments: