Thursday, June 26, 2008

The Next Chapter

The more time that passes since the Dawg Days XTERRA the better I feel about the race. It is my first year of XTERRA racing, my second race of the year, and I finished 4th while having a great time. I know my training and skill level at all three sports will only improve, and I'm having a blast living this multi-sport lifestyle. But now the next chapter....

I left Little Rock and headed out for Santa Fe, New Mexico. 14 hours later I arrived in NM. The drive was uneventful with the exception of a MASSIVE monsoon that dropped hail and heavy winds right on the Texas and New Mexico line. I had to pull off the interstate, disassemble all the bikes, and shove everything in the car with me. It was a tight fit, but having everything inside and not listening to the cracking sounds coming from the roof rack was a relief.

Monday in Santa Fe I spent the morning by the pool and the afternoon biking around the city with my boy Chandler. We grabbed some food and chilled out while checking out the sweet rides at the local bike shop. There wasn't a single hard tail for sale, and on Tuesday I found out why. We spent the rest of the day/night talking bikes and coming up with some solid plans for an EPIC Tuesday. Wednesday morning I hit the road again and am now at my final destination - Phoenix, AZ. This is my new home and I'm going to have to get used to training in some serious heat! More updates soon.

Survived the hail and wind - got everything in the car

everything

sunset entering Santa Fe

setting up camp in Santa Fe

No comments: