Friday, May 23, 2008

Big News!

The most important news is that I have accepted a job at a major institution of higher education and will be relocating to Phoenix, Arizona. This is an incredible professional opportunity and it brings me closer to my in-laws (who are fabulous), and to a climate where I can be outside year round. This move and new position are certainly challenges to my goals of racing and competing for a spot at XTERRA US Nationals in November. With only one XTERRA event complete (9th place), I am currently in 22nd place in the SE region. There are plenty of races left in the season, but only the top 10 from the SE qualify for nationals.
My racing schedule is undergoing a major overhaul. Check out the new schedule on the right, but the rest of my season comes down to Dawg Days in Little Rock and Snow Valley, CA. These two races will give me three races total and a chance at qualifying for XTERRA Nationals. Of course, I need to finish well in these races –probably top 5 – to have a chance, so training in the coming weeks will be extremely important. Training, packing, and saying goodbye will be hard to do, but I’m sure I’ll find a way. Stay tuned for more updates.

No comments: