Friday, August 8, 2008

Looking Forward

This has been an amazing week and the weekend is looking even better.  Ever since moving to Phoenix in June, I have been living out of a suitcase, trying to find my bearings at a new job, missing my wife, looking for a house, and trying to find places and time to train.  This week many of the pieces fell into place.
  1. Tuesday we closed on our first house (now the DIY home improvements begin, and my days of living from a suitcase are numbered)
  2. Amanda is here for good, and having her around reminds me of how much more fun life is when she's part of it.
  3. I finished my last XTERRA points race of the year, Snow Valley, and am currently ranked 5th in my AG.  Top 9 make nationals.
  4. I thought I was moving out here for my dream job...and I was right.
So, this weekend we will spend tons of time at the new house fixing, tinkering, and making decisions about what work we'll do and what work we'll have contractors do.  I get to train with Amanda, which is awesome, and I have a better feel for the area and how to train in the heat.  The pressure of training to be competitive in XTERRA is totally gone (well...reduced) as now my goal is just to go into nationals fit and have a great time on an awesome course being thankful for the opportunity (again...assuming I make top 9).  Work will be there on Monday, but I enjoy it and am passionate about it, and you can't ask for anything more.

Overall I have to say things have gone from being pretty overwhelming and me wondering how I could ever manage all these things at once to slowly but surely falling into place.  I'm looking forward to some down time this weekend to watch the Olympics and catch up on the blog scene.  My equipment review really is coming.... 

No comments: