Thursday, July 2, 2009

Why I need a plan

I'm running a 10k trail race this weekend and I realized it has been a long time since I've been running. A really long time. I know I don't like running, but it's absence now looks particularly glaring in light of this weekend. I think one reason is that it is f'ing hot here. Overnight lows in the upper 80's make for nasty running conditions. I can tolerate biking in the heat, and swimming outside right now is awesome, but running - not so much.

I'm going to relax over the long weekend and get caught up on life. There has been a lot happening at work and at home over the past month and July looks to be even crazier. I'm looking forward to some much needed down time to clear my head and make some decisions.

Tuesday: (20 mile ride in/lift during lunch/20 mile ride home) shoveled gravel for 45 minutes
Wednesday: rest / shoveled gravel 1.5 hr
Thursday: 1600m swim

No comments: