Wednesday, April 9, 2008

It Has Arrived!

Yesterday was a tough day of training. I’ve been fighting a cold/allergies since Monday and have had a hard time keeping up the pace during training. Monday was a 60 minute swim for time and Tuesday was a 14 mile ride on the bike at Lock 4. As much as I love the freedom of riding DH platform pedals instead of clipless, my calf has come to hate me for it. Tuesday I took a nasty fall where my pedal managed to catch me across the back of the calf. Nothing like feeling the metal rods puncture your skin and then rip it. I came home after riding feeling pretty worn down and lethargic until I saw what was waiting for me - a big red box with XTERRA on it. I opened it up to find my new XTERRA Vortex 2 wetsuit. I tried it on and found it to be a perfect fit. A big thank you goes out to XTERRA. I can’t wait to hit the water in this thing!

No comments: