Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Pain in the neck

So two weeks before XTERRA Nationals in Tahoe (two months ago) I woke up with a sore neck. I figured it was from all the last minute training I was trying to get in as I prepared for nationals and powered through it. Well, it never seemed to get better so I finally made a trip to the doctor last week who ordered x-rays. Turns out I have a pretty severe case of whiplash that has gone untreated for the last 8 weeks. Now I'm on a pretty heavy medication regimen to let it heal and I'm supposed to be taking it easy.

That whole "taking it easy" part didn't work out this weekend as I had two great rides with John visiting from Nashville and the final end of season tournament for my ultimate frisbee fall league team. I did forgo my long training run for the 1/2 marathon, because I'm sure of all these things that would have been horrible for my neck :).

SoMo National Trail Lookout
National is gnarly in so many places
The unforgiving desert
Hawes = wide open spaces
It was a tough day on the SS
Trying to catch this man
Led to this
and this
but it's still warm enough for this

No comments: