Wednesday, January 16, 2008

The New Bike

After finishing 5th at the XTERRA Lock 4 Blast on my Gary Fisher Rig single speed I decided I might need some gears if I was going to race competitively in 2008. Last fall, while I was "just looking" in my local bike shop Cumberland Transit, I saw a number of the '07 Gary Fishers on clearance. Among the group was a beautiful Gary Fisher Cobia 29er. While an entry level 29er, the deal was too good to pass up. My wife found me in the parking lot putting the bike on the rack and could only shake her head. Because I saved so much money on the bike, it meant that I could splurge on all new components to make it "race ready" for spring. After a busy fall and winter holidays I am just getting ready to throw it on the stand and start wrenching. I'll put some before photos up soon as I get ready to ring in the new year on a sweet new ride

No comments: